Thursday, October 3, 2013

October Centerpiece





The weather is still summerlike during the day, but the nights and evenings are chilly. The days are shorter, and during the dinnertime time it’s already dark outside. It’s nice to light up candles and turn on some relaxing classical music during dinner. 

I used my black Mantilla doily that I crocheted last year to create a simple dinner table centerpiece. With Halloween coming in less than a month, the black color is quite suitable. The candles are flameless (good idea when kids are around). But they are made of real bee wax and look almost real; they also have a subtle vanilla scent.

This is the only black doily I have. Black thread is not easy to work with, and I don’t think I’ll be making another one.

The free pattern for this doily was from Coats and Clark website. You can see it here.

I'm linking this post to 
Tutorials, Tips and Tidbits @ Stone Gable
Create It Thursday @ Lamberts Lately
Link Your Stuff @ Annamarie's Haakblog
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,

20 comments:

  1. The black doily is pretty... and thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree with the dark thread...but oh the outcome is lovely. A very pretty centerpiece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful centerpiece, Olga. The black doily is so stunning. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love it! The black lace it beautiful!
    Julie from julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great centerpiece for this time of year! Looks so nice with the candles and berries!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When working with dark thread or yarn, lay a white towel or pillowcase in your lap' and vice versa. It makes your stitches much easier to see!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very pretty doily, Olga!! I have not made any black one yet but intend to. It is very difficult to photograph dark colors. Your decoration with candles and all looks very beautiful with the doily:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. stunning photograph of a very pretty dinner table centre piece, I love this <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. When working with dark thread or yarn, be sure to use a good light. I find that an OttLite helps a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnifique !
    Have a nice weekend !
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so pretty and I love the use of flamless candles! Thanks for sharing at TTF!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely. I love your blog. You have so much to give. Have a good weekend.
    Hugs from me

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ольга, оригинальная черная салфетка! Я никогда на вязала салфетки из черной пряжи, но часто вяжу черные перчатки спицами и если сложный узор, то приходится подстилать белую ткань на коленки, как Вам уже посоветовали.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your talent! You make crocheting with thread look so easy and beautiful! Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Could you be more specific about pattern title. When I click on pattern link it does not directly take me to this specific pattern. Thanks for your help.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pattern can be found at:
    https://borgheiinck.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/mantilla-doily.pdf

    ReplyDelete