Thursday, December 29, 2011

More Crochet Edgings for Handkerchiefs




A couple weeks ago, I made a post about how I added blue lacy trim to a handkerchief (you can see it here).
I thank you for your sweet comments and compliments on my work.

handkerchiefs with lace

Today I want to share two more handkerchiefs with added crochet edgings. Again, I experimented and came up with the simple patterns myself.

crochet lace

There are only four rounds of crochet in each pattern. First, using a thin and sharp hook, I made a round of single crochets directly on the trim of the handkerchief. Then it was easy to add three more rounds of double crochets and chains.

I used DMC #8 pearl cotton.

crochet lace pattern

crochet edging pattern

I'm linking this post to these link parties:

Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,
Potpourri Friday @ 2805,
Fibers on Friday @ Visions of Sugar Plums.

10 comments:

  1. Dearest Olga,

    Lovely edgings and great photos with the rose added...
    Happy New Year to you and your loved ones!

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so lovely Olga. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello

    Beautifil works, i love this handkerchiefs with added crochet edgings.
    Happy New Year with many beautiful works.

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very pretty! I'd like to do this to pillowcases!

    Thanks for linking up to Fibers on Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty. I am becoming my mother. Each of
    my teachers received a beautiful hankerchief made with loving hands by her. I am now trying to do the same for my little granddaughter. Thank you for sharing so many beautiful things.
    Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. How beautiful! It's a piece of art!

    Thank you for for sharing at Potpourri Friday. I wish you a healthy, prosperous and sparkling New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I found your post through the Fibers on Friday link party. :)
    Can you buy sharp hooks at a regular crafting store? Was there any finishing on the edges before you started your own handkerchief trim?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and thank you
    I have just found you via a link on Sewritzytitzy.blogspot and I am so glad I did. Your work is beautiful.
    I love to crochet lace and flowers myself and have created a few patterns of my own also. I just haven't gotten to recording the patterns yet...that must go on my to do list.
    May I have your permission to link to your tutorials/patterns on my blog please as although my blog is mainly cardmaking I have followers who, like me, love to crochet edgings and flowers to use on our cards.
    You can email me at lindascreativeharmony@gmail.com or just leave a comment on the blog- creativeharmony.blogspot.co.uk
    I look forward to following your lovely work and those you link with too. Keep up the fabulous work. Hugs Linda (UK)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this handkerchiefs with added crochet edgings.
    pochette uomo

    ReplyDelete