Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Last Christmas Ornament of the Year


crochet heart ornament

This little heart is my last crocheted ornament for this year.

I came up with the pattern myself. I used size 10 crochet thread, and the heart came up three inches high. I think it would have looked much better with a red ribbon, but I didn’t have it on hand, so I used a golden one.

Despite the fact that the pattern is quite simple, I had trouble sketching it on paper. Besides, I would need someone to test the pattern before I could post it here. And with Christmas only a few days away, I don’t think anyone would agree to that.

I will try to sketch the pattern after the holidays and find someone to test it. Hopefully, I will be able to share it with my readers before Valentine’s Day when crochet hearts will be relevant again.

As for now, I am putting away my crocheting hooks and threads until after Christmas.

Happy Holidays to all of you! Enjoy this wonderful time of the year!

I am linking to

Home Sweet Home Friday @The Charm of Home,
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home,
Potpourri Friday @ 2805,
Fibers on Friday @ Visions of Sugar Plums.

12 comments:

  1. I do a lot of thread work from vintage patterns, and would love to test this ornament for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I' love to test it when you write it out. BearyAnn
    bearyannpawter@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely ornament! I think I would keep it out all year round :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful ornament! Merry Christmas! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sweet heart ornament is adorable, Olga!


    Thank you for sharing at Potpourri Friday! Have a very Merry Christmas and wonderful Holiday Season!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great, two people are willing to test the pattern. I'll let you know once I have it.

    And thank you all for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love the pattern, it's beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Symbol chart for this heart is available here:

      http://lacycrochet.blogspot.com/2012/01/crochet-hearts-for-valentines-day.html

      Delete