Sunday, December 4, 2011

Doily of the Week #2: Simple Mini Doily

I crocheted this white mini doily several months ago without any clear idea about how I am going to use it. But not long ago I saw some very cute cross-stitched jam jar covers, and I thought that a mini doily can serve the same purpose.





I added a red ribbon to my doily and tried it on a jar of raspberry preserve. It looked quite charming!



Even though the Holiday Season has begun, I still might find time to crochet a few such doilies and make jam presents.

5 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! So lovely with the ribbon atop the jam jar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is just beautiful and the ribbon just makes it more special.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely doily and such a great idea. Can you share the pattern or tell me where I may purchase it? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Your doily is very pretty; the red ribbon looks really nice on the white. Pefect little house warming gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crocheted this doily some time ago, but I will try to sketch its pattern.

    ReplyDelete